Type of Programme
One-to-One, personalised French tuition living full-board with the tutor's own family and in the tutor's own home, including local visits and excursions, meeting friends, neighbours and professional colleagues etc.
Type of House: Country House - France
Teaching Qualifications and Experience
- 25 years of teaching French as a foreign language (FLE) in France and the USA
- Specialty: French language and culture - French grammar and conversation
- Specialty: Authentic French pronunciation
- All student levels, true beginner to very advanced
- Other teaching experience includes: English as a second language (10 years) and music (12 years)
Hobbies and Interests
- Biking, canoeing, tennis, nature walks, swimming
- Arts and music, cinema, history, foreign cultures, travel
The largest of three bedrooms. Situated on the ground floor, with two large French windows looking out onto the street and countryside (south) and the planted courtyard (east). Furnished with: queen-size bed, new mattress, night tables, wardrobe, TV/DVD/CD, table, chairs, sofa, armchairs, rugs.
Excursions and Local Attractions
The Loire Valley is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also the Valley of the French Kings and Queens, with many historical sites: Châteaux such as Chambord, Blois, Chaumont, Amboise and Chenonceaux - Historic cities and villages, such as Orléans, Beaugency, Blois and Tours - Wildlife is preserved on the banks of the river and in the Parc de Chambord - Other excursions and activities include shopping, sports, art exhibits, concerts, theater, movies, "sound & light" shows, cafés & restaurants, wine tasting, nature walks, bike rides, horseback rides, golf, swimming pool, boating, social gatherings with family and friends.