Type of Programme
One-to-One, personalised German tuition living full-board with the tutor's own family and in the tutor's own home, including local visits and excursions, meeting friends, neighbours and professional colleagues etc.
Type of House: Town House - Germany
Teaching Qualifications and Experience
Certificate: Teacher Training for German FL (IH Freiburg)
Certificate: Developer of Computer based/ web based trainings
University degree: Communication Science and Journalism
University degree: Physiological Chemnistry and Biochemistry
Running the Language Guesthouse (International Bed&Breakfast and Immersion German Language Homestay School) as a self-employed German Language Trainer since 2008
Students of all ages and different professions including top level managers.
2 y: German language teacher at International House Language School Moscoow/Russia
Hobbies and Interests
Travelling/hiking; reading:Whodunnits, new insight into other cultures, poetry; psychology, nature/ecology, flowers&garden; political&contemporary questions; religion; Russian language/culture/history; music: classic/folk-rock/world music; creative work: crafting/writing/cooking; women’s lives
Single room, double/triple/family room (bathroom possibly shared with other guests)
Apartment (2 rooms/kitchen/bathroom) (private bathroom)
In my private B&B I rent rooms to language students and tourists: single persons, couples, small groups, families
The B&B provides a family-like setting.
Excursions and Local Attractions
- Old and beautiful cities: Freiburg, Colmar, Strasbourg, Basel, picturesque towns and villages.
- Freiburg’s famous gothic cathedral (“Freiburger Münster”) and its medieval city centre. Freiburg is also a centre of culture and sciences with rich cultural life throughout the year. Its university is one of the oldest in Germany and has a high national and international reputation.
- The Kaiserstuhl hills are a jewel of nature, a paradise for nature lovers, bird watchers, hikers and bikers.
- High quality white and red wines are produced in the Kaiserstuhl vineyards. Guided cellar tours and wine tasting opportunities everywhere. Traditional wine festivals throughout the season – every weekend at another place.
- Black Forest: Farmhouse museum village, former silver mine, glass manufacture, clock museum etc.
- Boat trips (river Rhine)
- Europa Park with lots of attractions
- Haut-Koenigsburg (a castle)
- museums (autocars/trains) in Alsace
- Sports facilities
- Thermal spas.