Type of Programme
One-to-One, personalised English tuition living full-board with the tutor's own family and in the tutor's own home, including local visits and excursions, meeting friends, neighbours and professional colleagues etc.
Type of House: Semi-Detached House - United Kingdom
Teaching Qualifications and Experience
Education and Qualifications
Date: September 2010 - July 2011.
• Qualification: PGCE, secondary in MFL, German specialism. (including Masters Certificate in Education)
• Place of study: Manchester Metropolitan University
Date: September 2008 - June 2010
• Qualification awarded: PGCE in Further Education
• Awarded QTLS August 2012
• Name of Awarding organisation: Huddersfield University
• Principle subjects/Occupational skills covered:Teaching key skills English and maths plus mathematics up to key stage 4/numeracy/key skills AoN, preparation of lesson plans/sc
Hobbies and Interests
cooking, gardening, walking, swimming, sewing, reading.
I am a very active person and would like to show any guests staying with us around the area.
A large room with a comfortable double bed, desk, wardrobe, bedside table, good views across the town from a picture window, the room is quiet has central heating and is close to the bathroom used entirely for the students.
Excursions and Local Attractions
Manchester central (Museums, shopping), Manchester Trafford Centre (Shopping), Manchester United football stadium and tour, Liverpool (Beatles story, harbour tour, museums, shopping), Blackpool (funfair, roller-coasters, beach, Blackpool Tower), Zoo, Lancaster (Castle), Chlitheroe (Market, castle), Chester Zoo, Blackburn (ice Arena, bowling, cinema), more local: Darwen leisure centre (swimming, classes, gym), Local fantastic nature walks of which there is plenty. Darwen theatre. There is plenty to do in lancashire and a lot of english history to explore.