Inlingua in Genova Located on the stunning Italian Riviera, Genoa gives you the opportunity to combine outstanding language training with a vacation in charming seaside resorts. After your classes, continue to practise your new language skills as you enjoy the sun-drenched beaches and other lively attractions that Genoa and the Riviera have to offer. In fact, Genoa's mild climate makes any outdoor activity a pleasure, whether you choose sailing, surfing, swimming, or just want to relax.
Inlingua Genova was founded in 1988, so we have been providing quality training and tuition to companies, professionals and private clients for over 20 years.
The school is situated in a splendid 14th century building, in the oldest and most atmospheric part of town: the medieval center and the Porto Antico (the old harbour), declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The school is a good base for getting acquainted with the largest medieval city center in Europe. Learn more..
The holiday course lasts for two weeks. For those students interested in reaching the requirements for a university credit, the course can be extended to four weeks. Inlingua is a certified examination center in compliance with the Società Dante Alighieri standards. The students, up to a maximum of 5, spend all morning or afternoon in the classroom, from Monday to Friday. Inlingua offers optional leisure activities every day, from tourism to sports and culture.
-mini-group intensive course
-individual intensive course
Certificates and Diplomas
-inlingua Italian language official certificate
-Dante Alighieri Association diploma in Italian
We use our own material, so we can adapt ourselves to your competency level and specific interests.
For our students we include unlimited access to the Inlingua Online Learning computer platform (IOL) for up to 3 months after your stay, enabling you to consolidate the material you learn in Italy anywhere in the world.
Whether you are seeking to polish up your Italian skills for personal or professional reasons, inlingua Genova has a program for you. You can select our General Purpose Program or our Business Italian Program as the basis of your course, which will then be tailored to your individual needs.
Your inlingua language course is designed to produce the best possible oral proficiency in Italian. Working with highly trained instructors who are native speakers of Italian, you will progress at your own pace to increase your mastery of four language areas: listening comprehension, speaking proficiency, vocabulary usage, and grammatical structures.
Social and Cultural Activities
We want you to have the possibility to experience the Italian lifestyle for two to four weeks, so we have a wide range of activities and optional extras for you to choose from. Genova is a lively city with relatively few tourists, and this helps to reinforce the idea of the “real Italian experience”: odds are everyone you meet will speak to you in Italian!
Early mornings and evenings are pleasantly cool; even in the summer it's a good idea to have a sweater or light jacket handy for a walk along the beach, a performance at the open-air theatre at the old port, or a concert in Portofino’s charming Piazzetta . Numerous golf courses make our area a golfer's paradise too. At the weekend, you may also want to investigate interesting sights farther away, such as the Cinque Terre or Portovenere, just an hour’s drive away.
For your stay in Genoa it’s important to choose the right accommodation. If you really want to immerse yourself in the language then a cosy family-run bed & breakfast is an excellent option.
Family-run Bed & Breakfast and Self-catering apartments:
Our host families are located in the city center, a maximum of 15 minutes walking distance from the school. You can choose from either a single or shared bedroom. The maximum number of guests cannot exceed 2. Bathrooms, living rooms and kitchens are cleaned daily and changes of linen are provided weekly. Prices: from € 160 to € 245 per week. For those who like greater independence, you can choose a self-catering apartment, fully equipped and near the school. Prices: from €300 to €500 per week. The school arranges this type of booking.
Alternatively, you can opt to stay in a hotel. The school provides information and support, but in this case arrangements are usually made by the student himself.
Prices: from €80 to €200 per night.
Excursions and Visits
- A walking tour of the centro storico - the biggest ‘old town' in Europe, almost four hundred thousand square meters - full of bustle and activity where specialist craftsmen continue to work, practically out in the street, on everything from icecream, to lace, to signboards, to door-handles! Not to mention the industrial archaeology.
The centro storico of Genoa is still built of stone, marble and slate; you will be surrounded by old walls and towers, churches full of incredible sculptures and toiles, finding yourself in the middle of the declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the area of the aristocracy’s palaces dating from the 16th and 17th century.
Genoa offers many cultural and historical treasures, but also old legends, curiosities and anecdotes waiting to be discovered!
- A guided tour of the port. The guides will speak in Italian as all the activities are designed to make your stay as authentic as possible. But don't panic, you will be accompanied by someone from the school to provide moral and linguistic assistance!
- A boat tour around the port. Enjoy the view of Genoa from the sea! A 45 minute tour that will let you discover the city from a different perspective.
- A guided visit to the Acquario. The biggest marine park of Europe, inaugurated in 1993 and designed by Renzo Piano and Peter Chermayef, it’s a huge structure of 9.700 square meters. Situated in the porto antico, it’s a great opportunity to admire sharks, dolphins and penguins and much more besides.
- Italian cooking class and wine tasting: learn about Ligurian cuisine and how to make pizza and pesto!
- A night at the opera in the teatro Carlo Felice : you will experience a real Italian opera in one of the most prestigious theaters in Italy.
- Sailing tours. This is an optional activity for short trips along the coast: Camogli, San Fruttuoso, Portofino… Again, this activity highlights the fact that we are not just a language school.
- Surfing, diving, sailing, canoeing, and many other maritime activities and sports that this beautiful area of the Italian Riviera offers.
- Visit to the Cinque Terre. Organized full day trips during the week end. Discover the incredibly beautiful little villages along the Ligurian coast east of Genoa.
Visit the school's website Or